Saturday, July 16, 2016

Christmas Cupcake Tree Ornaments - Dollar Store Project!

 

Last year my Holiday theme was a Hard Candy Christmas.  I absolutely LOVED making the ornaments for it and I was so pleased with the way my tree turned out.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to do the whole shebang like I wanted - all of us in the household came down with Bubonic Plague (that's what it felt like, at least!) and we were sick for weeks with lingering bronchitis and sniffles.  Yuck.  We even had to cancel our annual Christmas Eve Open House we have every year.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time since before I was even born that we've not held it.  But this year I'mma do Christmas like a Boss!  You see if I don't!

Anyhoo, I wanted to share one of my tree ornament projects from last year with you.  These Christmas Faux Cupcakes came out really well and they looked good enough to eat hanging from my Christmas Tree.

With the exception of Sprinkles/Decorator Sugar, ribbon and Mod Podge, all of which I had on hand in my craft cart, I bought everything for this project from a dollar store.  Hope you like them - be careful not to eat 'em though!  They look so yummy!


Dollar Store Holiday Crafts


* Note : The Candy Cane and Peppermint Stick in the photo above are not the ones I used when I made them last Christmas.  I used dollar store candies.  Because the candies go soft and sticky after a few weeks on your tree, you have to remove them to store your ornaments for next year.  The one pictured above is an Organic Candy Cane I had left over and used for the pictures I took today, 07/16/2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment