Friday, July 15, 2016

Reason for the Season Christmas Decor Theme - 2014

I like to do a different Décor theme every year, not just for my Christmas Tree, but the whole house.  As I've said before, the dollar store is your BFF!

In 2014 my theme was the Reason for the Season.  I handmade all my tree ornament from white and terracotta air-drying clay, and hand-painted clear glass baubles.  I picked up a whole box of beautiful clear glass baubles at a yard sale for 50 cents!  Score!  I pick up a lot of my art and craft items at yard sales.  I've found some incredible things at yard sales and garage sales. 

Last summer, I scored an incredible haul of Christmas ribbon at a yard sale for a couple of bucks.  There was about ten full reels of ribbon which are usually around $3 - $5 a piece, and a bag of partial reels and off-cuts too.  I also picked up some art canvases at the same yard sale - for $1!  There was one large on I snagged with the original price tag on it - it was $24.99!  Another score!  Wo0T!

I loved the way my clay ornaments turned out for my Reason for the Season theme, and the wall art canvases looked so good too.  I was surprised how good they all turned out.  Simple, easy and inexpensive, and you have something absolutely unique that nobody else in the world will have exactly the same as you.  Special ornaments for a special theme.

Here's my creations and how I made them.


Hope you guys like these and they inspire you to make your own special ornaments for this Christmas.  If you do, leave a link in the comments so I can check you out and give you a pin on Pinterest.  I love seeing the ideas and creation all you Crafty Divas come up with!


x Holly-Anne x

No comments:

Post a Comment